What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, also known as dental laminates or dental veneers, are thin porcelain shells which are custom made to fit directly over the front teeth. They are used to recreate the natural look of the teeth, whilst providing resilience and strength comparable to the natural tooth enamel.
Today, many people get porcelain veneers on the Gold Coast if their smile is less than perfect because of stains, chips, cracks, discolouration, gaps between teeth, or minor misalignments.
What are Composite Veneers?
Composite veneers on the Gold Coast are cheaper than porcelain and are built up directly in your mouth, with the veneers able to be bonded and handcrafted to the front of your teeth in a single dentist visit. They are made with the same material as a simple filling and tend to be less durable than porcelain.
Difference Between Porcelain Veneers and Composite Veneers
There are few differentiating features of porcelain veneers, when compared to composite resin-based veneers on the Gold Coast:
- Once placed, porcelain veneers cannot be repaired, and must be replaced if they break. On the other hand, composite veneers can be easily repaired by the dentist.
- Unlike composite veneers, which may need to be replaced or refreshed frequently, porcelain veneers are very durable and can last for up to 15 years if proper oral hygiene is maintained. That’s because the porcelain material is much stronger than the composite resin.
- The porcelain veneer procedure is much more involved and takes longer than the composite veneer procedure.
- Porcelain veneers are a bit more expensive since they are made by a dental technician in a laboratory that specialises in cosmetic veneers; whereas composite resin veneers are made in house, by the dentist and can be accomplished in just a single visit.
- Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to staining from coffee, wine, and cigarette smoking, due to the strength of the material and the glaze that’s applied after treatment. On the other hand, composite veneers on the Gold Coast are more porous, and thus susceptible to staining over time.
- Porcelain veneers require the removal of a part of the tooth surface, whereas composite veneers bonds directly on to the presenting tooth surface structure, therefore no damage is done to the tooth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers on the Gold Coast
Although the differences outlined above, porcelain veneers’ benefits vastly outweigh the benefits of standard composite veneers on the Gold Coast:
- One of the major benefits of porcelain veneers is the fact that they can help solve numerous dental problems at once such as, teeth discoloration, misshapen teeth, chipped teeth, misaligned teeth, and gaps between teeth.
- With proper care, porcelain veneers are very durable and can last between 10 to 15 years. This is because, once bonded to the existing teeth structure, porcelain veneers normally hold tightly to the healthy tooth structure to create a strong, solid restoration which lasts for many years.
- Porcelain veneers are life-like and look natural as they can be customized to blend seamlessly with the rest of your teeth, from shape, size, and colour.
- In addition to hiding various teeth imperfections, porcelain veneers can offer additional protection to teeth that are chipped or have cracks.
- The porcelain veneer procedure is less invasive compared to other types of cosmetic dental restorations.
- It is much easier to maintain porcelain veneers: Regular brushing and flossing along with 6-monthly hygiene visits to the dentist is all that is required.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant. This is because the porcelain material is smooth and impervious, therefore will not pick up any permanent stains.
- The porcelain veneers procedure can be combined with some other treatments such as teeth whitening treatment, to give a bright and radiant smile.
Dental Makeovers For a More Confident Smile.
For more information about Porcelain Veneers on the Gold Coast. Call Us Now
What is the procedure of Porcelain Veneers on the Gold Coast?
The process starts with an initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist, which involves a thorough dental exam, records (such as photos and x-rays) and an evaluation of the patient’s oral health and needs.
During the procedure, teeth are prepared, impressions are taken either digitally or with special material, and then the teeth are given a temporary covering.
The impressions are then sent to our dental technician, who specialises in making natural looking porcelain veneers.
It usually takes between two to three weeks for the customised porcelain veneers to return back to the clinic, at which time the temporary covering is removed and the new veneers are bonded to the teeth.
Cost of Porcelain Veneers
Since our porcelain veneers on the Gold Coast are custom crafted from high quality porcelain material, prices for these type of porcelain veneers can vary on an individual basis.
The total cost of the treatment is based on what type of veneer and how many restorations are needed to transform your smile. Moreover, since each case is unique, there might be additional procedures required, such as orthodontics or gingival contouring, to achieve the desired smile results.
However, in most cases.
Composite Veneer: $390-$590 each
Porcelain Veneer: $990- $1780 each
At Mint Dental, we also offer an option of INTEREST FREE payment plans, so that you can pay off the cost of your treatment over time with no additional worries.
Interest Free Payment Plan
How do I schedule for a consultation for a smile makeover?
It is important to note, you will need to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentist, so that we can tailor a treatment plan based on your individual requirement.
If you want a smile makeover or just want to enhance the look of a few teeth, to mimic a Hollywood smile, our natural looking porcelain veneers on the Gold Coast could be the one of the best options for you. Consider calling us at Mint Dental, to book in a consultation with our highly experienced cosmetic dentist.